DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION NOTICE
1. True Society – Hamburg / True Brides Germany GmbH, Überseeboulevard 5, 20457 Hamburg, Germany (“Participating Store”, “We”, “Us”) is responsible for the processing of personal data as controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in connection with the Giveaway you decided to participate in and as outlined in the Official Rules – Germany.
2. Data Categories and Processing Purpose: The processing of your personal data (namely phone number, email address, first name, last name, postal address) is carried out for the purpose of handling the Giveaway. The personal data is used to (i) identify the participants, (ii) draw the winners, (iii) to notify them of winnings and (iv) to process any winnings.
3. Legal Basis for such data processing is the performance of the contract between you and Us (Art. 6 (1) lit. b) of the GDPR). The provision of personal data is voluntary. However, the non-provision of personal data will result in you not being able to participate in the competition and claim the prize.
4. Data Transfer: The data will only be transferred on to third parties (e.g. shipping service providers) if this is necessary for the handling of the Giveaway.
5. Data Retention: The data will be deleted as soon as the Giveaway has been completed. Under no circumstances will the data be stored for more than one (1) year, unless We are required or permitted to retain the data for a longer period (e.g., for tax reasons).
6. Your Rights: As data subject, you have various rights in connection with the processing of your personal data. Under the conditions set out under applicable law (i.e., the GDPR), you have the following rights:
a. Right of access: You have the right to obtain from Us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is
being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal data. The access information includes – inter alia – the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed.
b. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. For additional copies requested by you, We may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
c. Right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from Us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
Depending on the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by
means of providing a supplementary statement.
d. Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): You have the right to ask Us to erase your personal data.
e. Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the restriction of processing your personal data. In this case,
the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by Us for certain purposes.
f. Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those personal data to another entity without hindrance from Us.
g. Right to object:
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data by Us and We can be required to no longer process your personal data. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes by Us. Exercising this right will not incur any costs. Such a right to object may not exist, in particular, if the processing of your personal data is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
Please note that the aforementioned rights might be limited under the applicable data protection law.
In case of complaints, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in particular in the
Member State of your habitual residence or alleged infringement of the GDPR.
7. Contact: If you wish to assert your rights to information, correction, deletion, restriction of processing, object to data processing, please send an e-mail to our Data Protection officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.