When it comes to finding your perfect wedding dress, one of the simplest questions to ask yourself is if you envision straps or strapless on your gown. There are benefits to both styles, so it really comes down to a matter of personal preference. Below, our True Crew compares wedding dresses with straps and strapless wedding dresses so you can make an informed decision about which design is right for you!
Strapless Wedding Dresses: Why Are They So Popular?
Strapless wedding dresses have been a popular neckline choice for decades. There are so many versions of the strapless neckline. From the popular sweetheart design and straight-across styles to modern plunging silhouettes, there is a strapless wedding dress to fit any bridal style. Here are a few tips on how to wear this style on your special day:
- Choose your undergarments wisely! While many gowns have structured bodices to allow you to wear no bra, a strapless bra is your best bet if you need additional support. However, finding a bra that isn’t visible with plunging or deeper-cut necklines may be more difficult. While strapless dresses are flattering on most brides, those with a larger bust may want to opt for a style with straps for more support.
- A common concern about strapless styles is if your wedding dress will stay up without straps! The key is for your gown to fit properly in the bust and that your seamstress tailors your gown to fit your body. Choosing a wedding dress with a corset back helps secure your gown at the waist, while a gown with a back that isn’t too low will also provide more support.
- When styling your strapless dress, there are many options! This silhouette is ideal for adding a statement pair of earrings or necklace. When selecting a hairstyle, virtually any look will be beautiful! Some pretty options include a half-up style or a timeless chignon for a classic and chic vibe.
Strapless Wedding Dresses
Ready for some strapless wedding dress inspiration? Check out some of our top picks below!
Bohemian Sweetheart Strapless Wedding Dress
Sweetheart strapless wedding dresses are among the most popular styles, and the raine gown by All Who Wander is a stunning example of this classic look. This bohemian A-line gown features a mix of organic-shaped leaves and dainty blooms on the sheer bodice and skirt to truly enhance the figure.
At the same time, the strapless sweetheart neckline adds a figure-flattering element that draws the eye toward the waist. Pairing this romantic gown with the neve jacket adds a touch of coverage for the bride who wants to look more modest.
Modern Strapless Wedding Dress
Even though strapless wedding dresses may seem more traditional, there are also fresh iterations of this popular neckline! Style 1266 from Martina Liana has an edgy, angular strapless neckline with a center plunge that adds a contemporary look to this sleek gown. The detachable puffed statement sleeves add a modern design twist for the bride who wants multiple looks.
Plunging Strapless Wedding Dress
Essense of Australia Style D3308 is a vintage-inspired lace dress with a plunging sweetheart neckline that includes illusion tulle for a sexy look without sacrificing support. Dresses with removable straps are in and this gown features optional removable off-the-shoulder straps for the bride who wants two looks in one!
Strapless Ballgown Wedding Dress
Stella York Style 7673 features multiple layers of glitter tulle for a gown that will sparkle with your every move. The classic sweetheart neckline paired with the sparkling bodice and tiered horsehair trimmed skirt shows off your youthful yet sweet bridal vibe.
Wedding Dresses with Straps: Why They’re So Popular
While strapless wedding dresses are a classic bridal choice, wedding dresses with straps are also favored by many! Check out some of the reasons to love this bridal detail below:
- Wedding dresses with straps offer support! For the bride who wants to dance the night away or has a bigger bust, straps help you feel supported and comfortable all day (and night) long.
- They offer extra design options! Straps are an excellent way to add a touch of lace or sparkling detail to your dress. You can have straps made to add to a strapless style for more support or opt for removable wedding dress straps for two looks in one.
- From thin spaghetti straps and off-the-shoulder looks to more substantial silhouettes, there are straps to fit every bridal style. The spaghetti strap wedding dress is a timeless choice for the bride who wants a delicate look, while thick strap wedding dresses offer more support. Square necklines with wider straps are very on-trend right now.
Bridal tip: Sometimes, the terms sleeveless and strapless can be misleading! Not to be confused with strapless dresses, sleeveless wedding gowns are not strapless but have a strap or a bodice constructed without a sleeve (think a mock-neck or boatneck style).
Wedding Dresses with Straps
For brides looking for more support while walking down the aisle, there are many styles of straps in our collection of wedding dresses. From gowns with wide straps to designs with spaghetti straps, here are four of our favorites:
Wedding Dress with Wide Straps
Martina Liana Style 1244 is a shimmering lace A-line wedding dress fit for the romantic bride. The trending square neckline and wide shimmering lace straps add a delicate elegance to this dreamy wedding dress.
Wedding Dress with Lace Straps
A ballgown is the most timeless wedding dress silhouette, and Stella York Style 7194 is made for the modern bride with a flirty side. The swirling lace patterns, combined with sheer cutouts, is a glam and stylish combination that pairs beautifully with the textured lace straps and plunging V-neckline. The illusion tulle provides extra comfort and support, allowing you to dance the night away!
Wedding Dress with Spaghetti Straps
For the bride who wants a subtle strap that isn’t the focus of the gown, a spaghetti strap wedding dress is the best choice! Martina Liana Style 1305 is a simple fit-and-flare silhouette that gets a sexy upgrade with a plunging neckline and thin straps that mirror the plunging low back and contouring sheer sides for a fresh, modern feel. The simple straps truly allow the incredible details of this lacy gown to shine!
Wedding Dress with Beaded Straps
Love spaghetti straps but want something with more detail? A gown with beaded straps is an excellent choice! Martina Liana Luxe Style LE1166 exudes understated elegance and modern luxury with its sexy plunging V-neckline, sheer bodice with exposed boning and beaded straps for a gorgeous finishing touch.
So, are you team strapless wedding dresses or team wedding dresses with straps? Once you’ve found your favorite style, find a True Society store location near you, and book your appointment. Availability per store may vary.